Volunteer – Take Action at Your Library!
The ACPL Foundation is developing a volunteer network. Our main volunteers are board members but we need help in other areas too.
- Serve as a board member. Check our About Us page for vacancies.
- Volunteer at an event or for a project.
- Host a “friendraiser” with your circle of family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors to build more support for libraries. Ask us for more information.
- Share your professional skills with the ACPL Foundation.
Advocate – I Love My Library!
Library advocacy doesn’t need to be complicated. Spread the word by telling your community why you value the library.
- Keep informed. Make sure you’re on our mailing/newsletter list so you get the most up-to-date information about the library.
- Talk to public officials. Tell your county commissioners and city councilors why the library is important.
- Write a Letter to the Editor telling our community why you love the library.
- Support candidates who support the library.
- Assist in raising funds to raise awareness and build support for the library.