Planned giving allows a donor to leave a legacy and ensure the library’s future financial security. Your gift can assist the library in continuing to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community. With your help, we can ensure that the library continues to provide free access to services for generations to come.
Your gift is important, appreciated, and significant to our library regardless of size. We welcome the opportunity to work with you to create a structure that suits your passions and works within your overall estate plans.
Benefits of planned giving:
- Noticeable tax advantages.
- You decide where the money goes.
- Create a lasting legacy for an important community organization.
Download the ACPL Foundation’s Planned Giving brochure to learn more about planned giving options that may work well for you. Interested in a confidential conversation to seek information? Contact Executive Director Caitlin White, at 307-460-2481.
Gifts to a Restricted Fund
Planned gifts created the Albany County Public Library Foundation restricted funds. Each restricted fund benefits a specific purpose in the library or can be used for general library needs. Each year, a portion of each fund provides the library with funding for specific programs or materials.
ACPL Foundation Restricted Funds
- Colleen Asplund Fund: Asplund was an ACPL children’s librarian. Interest from this fund is used for children’s materials in the library.
- Barbara Chatton Fund: Chatton is a longtime supporter, volunteer, and Foundation board member. Interest from this fund is used for children and young adult materials.
- Gwendolyn Cook Fund: Cook was a head of library circulation. Interest from this fund is used to purchase cookbooks, Regency Romance, and mystery books for the library.
- Friends of the Booksale Fund: Formerly the Penny Schenker Fund, this fund was set up to honor the work of the Friends of the Library Book Sale Crew. Interest from the fund is used for science fiction materials.
- Love Family Fund: J. David and Jane Love were longtime library supporters. This fund is used for general library purposes.
- Neva Miller Fund: Miller was an ACPL children’s librarian. Interest from this fund is used for children’s materials.
- Agnes Milstead Fund: Milstead was a former library board member and library advocate. Interest from this fund is used for general library purposes.
- Mary Lou Pence Fund: Interest from this fund supports the library’s Wyoming Room. The Wyoming Room houses local and state historical documents, books, and information.
- Adele Russin Fund: Russin was a longtime library supporter and former board member. Interest plus half of the fund’s annual contributions benefit the library’s Large Print books, audiobooks and Play-A-Ways.
- Susan Simpson Fund: Simpson served as the ACPL county librarian and continues to support the public library. Interest from this fund is used for staff training and development opportunities.